I can be pretty random (as my sweet husband has so often told me....smile, I know he means it with love). So some days I might tell you about something going on in our family, a thought that I want to share, ask you to help me with an issue or question, or I might just post some pictures for you to see. So here goes - my random thoughts for right now....
Today Andy and I started something new. It's called SOAPing. (I know. You might be wondering what kind of couple we are... Sounds kind of weird.) SOAP stands for Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer. Our Pastor introduced it to our church yesterday. This is how it works.
S - Scripture. Find a passage of scripture to read for the day. I think it can be any. (It might be best to have some passages picked out ahead of time.) Read through the passage then pick one verse from the passage and write it in a journal.
O - Observation. In your journal, rewrite the verse in your own words. What do you think God is saying to you in this verse of scripture?
A - Application. Personalize what you've read by asking yourself how it applies to your life right now. It could include instruction, encouragement, or corrections for a particular area of your life. Write how this scripture can apply to you today.
P - Prayer. Write a prayer about what you've just read and written about. Spend some time in prayer with God. Remember to not just do the talking. Listening is an important part to prayer.
So there you have it. SOAPing. This could be a great way to start reading the Bible if you haven't been or maybe supplication for those of you already spending time in the Word. No matter where you are, I encourage you to read it daily. God has so much to say to us!
SOAPing Scriptures for this week:
- Monday - Ephesians 4: 20-27
- Tuesday - Psalm 1
- Wednesday - Psalm 19 : 7-11
- Thursday - James 1 : 21-25
- Friday - James 3 : 13-18
- Saturday - Proverbs 2 : 3-10
5 comments:
Congratulations on your new blog. I hope the Soaping thing goes well. Our Ethos leadership team has been doing it for about 6 months now and the youth since September. It is such an exciting process. We just finished soaping ACTS and WOW to see what the teenagers learned and applied to their lives! It's awesome. Hope you have a wonderful day neighbor, even though I never see you ;)
Lisa
Love the SOAPing idea. How did you know which verses to pick out for each day this week?
Miss you! Love you! --and all that good stuff! :) Jennifer
GREAT idea! YAY, welcome to mommy blog world!
Great thoughts. I have been trying to blog for a while. You can catch mine at http://www.georgetallmage.wordpress.com thanks for all that you guys do. george
Post a Comment